Rätsel des Unbewußten
History has certainly never failed to offer reasons and occasions to cause violence of all sorts; making it understandable how Freud arrived at the following verdict towards the end of his life: “Homo homini lupus—man is wolf to man. Who in the face of all his experience of life and of history, will have the courage to dispute this assertion?”
One form of violence in particular has played an especially sinister role, at least in recent history and continuing up to the present: the destructive power of narcissistic hatred.
Support us on Patreon and get the scripts to the episodes: www.patreon.com/lives
Join our newsletter: Write a mail with the subject “Newsletter registration” to Lives@psy-cast.org
- Haller, R. (2009). Das ganz normale Böse. Salzburg: Ecowin.
- Kernberg, O., Hartmann, H.P. (2010). Narzissmus: Grundlagen – Störungsbilder – Therapie.
- Kernberg, O. (2004). Aggressivity, Narcissism,and Self-Destructivenessin the PsychotherapeuticRelationship. Yale University Press
- Kernberg, O. (1975). Borderline conditions and pathological narcissism. New York: Jason Aronson
- Paulhus, D.L., Williams, K.M. (2002). The Dark Triad of personality: Narcis-sism, Machiavellianism, and psychopathy. Journal of Research in Personality. 556–563.
- Rosenfeld, H. (1971): A clinical approach to the psychoanalytical theory of the life and death instincts: An investigation into the aggressive aspects of narcissism. International Journal of Psychoanalysis. 52, 169–178.
- Rosenfeld, H. (2002 / 1964). Zur Psychopathologie des Narzißmus – Ein klinischer Beitrag. In: Zur Psychoanalyse psychotischer Zustände. Gießen: Psychosozial.
- Steiner, J. (2008). Seeing and being seen. Narcissistic pride and narcisstic humiliation. International Journal of Psychoanalysis. 87, 939–951.
- Trimborn, W. (2003). Der Verrat am Selbst – Zur Gewalt narzißtischer Abwehr. Psyche, 57(11), 1033–1056.
- Aduriz, S. (2021). Narcissism today. IPA Podcast: Talks on Psychoanalysis: https://talksonpsychoanalysis.podbean.com/e/sabin-aduriz-narcissism-today/
- Maccoby, M. (2020). Narcissism and Leadership. IPA Podcast: Off the Couch: https://ipaoffthecouch.org/2020/07/18/episode-59-narcissism-and-leadership-revisited-with-michael-maccoby-ph-d/